With the kids home for the summer, my carpet and whole home, to be honest, could use a little extra attention. The kids are in and out all day with wet feet from the pool, their walks with the dogs and play dates with friends. My carpet is a very light tan so it shows everything! I usually clean the carpet in my living room about every 8 weeks or more if it needs it. With my daughter’s allergies, this kind of timing really helps to keep her symptoms at bay. I have even found ways to help eliminate allergy triggers all over the house!
I feel fabulous when the house is clean so I am excited to share these tips with you! Thanks Rug Doctor for the awesome tips and resources!!
- For best results, do a quick vacuum run-through before deep-cleaning with your Rug Doctor machine.
- Dust mites can hide in your mattress. Luckily, Rug Doctor’s Upholstery Hand Tool is the perfect fix for getting rid of them.You can also use it to clean couches, stairs and more.
- Clean those smelly pet beds in your washer in hot water with your regular laundry detergent and a diluted version of Rug Doctor’s Odor Remover (50% Odor Remover, 50% water) to help them be odor free and fresh.
- The Rug Doctor machine can be used for cleaning carpets but you also can use it extract water from a water leak. Our air conditioner wasn’t draining correctly so we came home to a very soggy hallway. After using it to clean up the water, the carpet was completely dry by evening.
- To keep carpet spot-free and smelling great between deep cleanings, you can use Rug Doctor’s Trigger Sprays. Be sure to always follow the directions.
- Summer is the perfect time to freshen up your car’s interior using the Upholstery Hand Tool. Do you have a Boat or an RV? It’s amazing for them too!
I love this stain guide for a plan of action when it comes to cleaning the carpet. I am sure you will find it helpful too!
Watch this video to see the AWESOME Rug Doctor in action!!
Disclosure: Thanks to Rug Doctor I attended SheCon 2012 as an ambassador. All opinions of Rug Doctor are 100% mine and not influenced in any way.