Summer is the favorite season for our family! One of the best parts is spending some time outdoors swimming in our backyard pool. It’s great exercise for the kids and it is the perfect way to cool off on a hot day. Here are some awesome safety tips to keep your family safe at the pool while making great memories and enjoying the summer months!
Swimming Pool Safety Tips ( Thanks to Barrington Pools for the AWESOME tips!):
- Take a CPR/First Aid class to familiarize yourself on what to do in an emergency. (As a wife of a paramedic, I know all to well how important this one can be.)
- Make sure your fence around your pool is in working order and it is best to have locks on your gates as well to keep out wondering children and even neighbors. (pets can also fall into the pool, make sure they are not able to pass through the fences either.)
- Never swim by yourself. You never know what might happen and when you may need someone to call 911 for you.
- Never leave a child alone or put another child in charge. There should always be an adult in the pool area.
- Make sure pool covers are totally removed from pool before you get in. Pool covers left in the pool while swimming can trap a person under the water and is not a surprise anyone wants to encounter as they are coming up for fresh air.
- Remove all pool toys from pool after use so that kids are not enticed to try to get them out when you are not looking.
- Make sure all pool chemicals are stored in an area where children and pets can not get into it.
- Make sure you have safety rings or sticks in case of an emergency.
Having a pool means responsibility for keeping everyone safe but it can be SUPER fun too with a few simple precautions beforehand.
Doesn’t he look like he’s having fun??
What are your BEST tips for swimming pool safety? We love when you share!! Thank you!
Disclosure: Purely Informational Post. No Compensation Received! Thanks!