For my kids lunch has always been a highlight of the day. For moms though sometimes it can be a struggle. Thinking of new recipes, making it nutritious and just figuring out what kids will actually eat can be tough. Today I’ve got some tips to ROCK lunchtime.
Keep these 5 tips in mind when packing those boxes:
- No food is “bad”. Everyone deserves a little treat once in a while and creating an outlook that certain foods are forbidden only makes them more tempting.
- Creativity is a must. Life is short! Why Not?!
- Don’t get hung up on traditional lunch foods. Pancakes and waffles for lunch are fine. Along those same lines, grilled cheese for breakfast is fantastic too.
- Don’t worry about the amount your child is eating. More often than not, too much food is being provided. Rules about cleaning your plate should be avoided.
- Offer choices. Kids want to feel important and having input on what they put in their mouths is empowering. For example, letting your first grader choose between grapes or raisins as a fruit choice can make the difference as to whether they eat it or not.