Welcome to our top ten list of reasons why you should be blogging!! Even though I’ve only been blogging for a short period of time (2 years!), blogging has been an absolute joy from the beginning. Below are ten things I wish someone would have told me sooner!
(updated 2/26/2019 AWWWW! look at my very first MAC!! so freaking sa-weeeeet! Everything is still true about blogging tooo!)
1. Blogging is a great creative outlet. You can voice your opinion on any topic and get feedback. What about the haters you say? I love haters!! Someone once told me if you don’t have at least 40 haters, you aren’t doing something right.
2.Blogging gives online addicts another hobby besides Bejeweled Blitz. Why spend hours online staring at your computer screen when you could write a blog about the Secrets of Bejeweled Blitz. Think how many blog subscribers you could get.
3. Having a blog has advantages when it comes to reviewing products. Bloggers have an advantage over an average consumer when it comes to receiving free products to review. Companies love for you to write a post that stays in cyberspace forever! A lot cheaper than a Billboard and lasts longer too! Yay for green advertising!
6. Blogging helps you become more technologically savvy. You may not be writing html code tomorrow but you will learn new things and expand your knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes of a blog.
7. Blogging makes your kids behave better. No self respecting kid wants their mom sharing the gritty details of “he’s looking at me” scenario for the world to read. My own kids have taken to closet arguing. Hey, if I can’t hear it, it’s not happening, right?
8. Blogging gives you a reason to be on Twitter or Facebook. Here’s an example: “O.K. honey, be right there.” Two hours passes. He says, “Where were you?” You can say, ” Just promoting the blog.” There’s no arguing with that.
9.Blogging can help you make money. If you don’t make any money at least you’ve improved your writing skills.
10. Blogging can really help you make a difference. Social media is an awesome platform to share information to help the needy or promote any cause you choose. This is one of the most fabulous aspects of blogging. Yep, I’m a do-gooder!
If someone would have sat me down and told me all these reasons 3 or 4 years ago, I would have jumped at the chance. Blogging is so much more than what is explained here. Don’t wait any longer, get out there and start blogging. EVERYONE has a story to share.
Why did you start blogging? Why haven’t you started blogging? We LOVE comments so please share your thoughts so we know you stopped by.
Disclosure: All opinions are 100% mine. For additional information please see our the links for more about our disclosure policy.