Its LAPTOP testing time!! Today I’m going to show you the features of the Toshiba – Satellite 14″ Touch-Screen Laptop – 6GB Memory – 750GB Hard Drive – Champagne Silver and throw in a few bonus Windows 8 highlights as well! I am sharing my thoughts with you in case you are looking for a product that combines the ease of a touchscreen with the portability of a laptop. This Toshiba is a BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE!
Let’s first discuss appearance. This sparkly gem measures approximately 14′ x 9 and is a little over an inch thick. I consider it the perfect size for working, watching movies and browsing the internet while still being small enough to carry through an airport( which I actually did, all the way to Las Vegas.) It weighs just over 4 pounds. It actually felt lighter than that for me because my old laptop would literally make my arm cramp up after lugging it through security and onto the plane. It also has a TOUCH SCREEN display with a 1366 x 768 resolution for clear and detailed viewing. I have tried many touch screen tablets but this was the first laptop I had been introduced to with the capability.
Now let’s take more about what it can do! It features a Intel Core i5 processor with Turbo Boost Technology which means it is a powerful performing machine. The turbo boost allows you to have increased performance when you need it and allows it to also be energy efficient when you don’t. This baby is officially Energy Star certified. It has a built-in HD webcam for all of your video and live chat needs. Another one of my favorite features is the 3 USB 3.0 ports that are available on this laptop. Having a few ports leaves room for your smartphone, camera and whatever else you might need one for. Moreover, it contains a Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support. I noticed that this was a hard to find feature when looking at similar laptops and even desktops for that matter. I still need my DRIVES! Lastly, we were pretty impressed with the battery life. It lasted on the entire 4 hour flight to Vegas, which rarely happened for me in my past laptop experiences.
8 Things You’ll Want To Know About Windows 8:
- The traditional Start button is gone. There is a Start screen with access to tiles just like we’ve seen on Windows phones or tablets.In fact, The whole interface of Windows is updated with Windows 8.
- With the touch screen feature, you can zoom in on anything by just pinching with two fingers (a FAVORITE feature). Also ,zooming in can be done by pressing Alt and F4.
- Its fully customizable. You don’t have to look at the rainbows and butterflies surrounded in a pink world(like mine above) if that’s not your thing.
- It has easy and fun navigation. Swipe in from the right to reveal Charms. Swipe in from the left to switch to your last used app. Swipe in from the top or bottom edge to reveal app commands. Drag from the top edge of the screen to close the current app.
- You will now be able to access the Windows 8 Store Apps.There you will find tons of touch friendly apps to enhance your experience.
- The keyboard still works as well if that makes you more comfortable. You can jsut place your mouse pointer into the upper or lower right corner to reveal charms.
- It has one click reset or restore. It can performa a basic reset or it can perform a complete restore your laptop to the factory settings.
- You can still open up the traditional desktop by touching the Desktop Tile. At first it was nice to have that familiar option. If you are like me though, the more you get used to using your laptop you’ll use that feature less and less.
Buying this computer will be stress-free when you also include a Geek Squad service membership. The Geek Squad agents are standing by 24/7 to help answer all of your Windows 8 questions. In addition to all of your Windows 8 help, Geek Squad Tech Support will remove computer viruses, give wireless network support, help with hardware and software installation and more. Furthermore, you’ll get exclusive, on-demand access to over 80 step-by-step Windows 8 “how-to” videos to help get you started, learn how to customize your settings, set notifications, use gestures and the charms bar, show how to use SkyDrive, connect to friends, messaging and so much more! Basically, the Geek Squad will help you make the most of your new Windows 8 Laptop!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post provided by Best Buy. Additionally it contains affiliate links. All opinions are 100% mine and not influenced by the compensation received.