If you are a blogger or thinking about becoming one, a great conference is a way to get your motivation level pumped up, learn some new things and network with some of the most amazing people on Earth! SheCon 2012 was all that and more. It was held in a fantastic location (Disney World!) organized by some super smart people and had some of the most FABULOUS speakers that I have the chance to experience!
The conference took place May 24-27, 2012 at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort. It was literally like waking up to paradise every morning. I could not ask for better motivation than sunshine and warm temperatures. The convention center was large and spacious and the staff was helpful and courteous. Nothing less than you expect for typical Disney service.
Attending a conference always turns on light bulbs for me as a business person. Here are some highlights from my favorite speakers of the event:
- Joey Fortman of Real Mom Media blew my mind with her presentation Beyond the Vlog: Video Production fro Brands and Bloggers. She gave so many excellent tips and examples that were
fabulousextraordinary! One of my goals for 2012 is to amp up my vlogging. You can see all the awesomeness in her slideshare here: http://www.slideshare.net/joeyfortman It will be almost like you were there!!
- Aliza Sherman shared Pinning our Lives: How the Way we Communicate Online Keeps Changing and How to Keep Up with tons of amazingness that you can access on here slideshare as well here: http://www.slideshare.net/alizasherman/pinning-our-lives-pinterest-and-beyond. Again, this is fantastic stuff! I love SLIDESHARE and Aliza!
- More amazing video goodness for you from Joelle Norwood and Martie Duncan with Think Like a Producer: Create Great Content. Here’s the link to everything you need to know: http://www.slideshare.net/joellenorwood/shecon12-presentation
- Miss Lori ROCKED the House with her (i don’t even have words for her inspiring presentation) The “ME” in New Media. Thanks to slideshare you can access her thoughts here: http://www.slideshare.net/MissLori2/the-me-in-new-media .
Here I am with my permasmile after talking and learning from Martie Duncan and Joey Fortman in person. Networking opportunities abound at SheCon! Here Joey is in full on Disney attire from The Real Mom Media Meet Up that was part of SheCon. I think she makes a great mermaid, don’t you!?
Without the fabulous support of my sponsor, Rug Doctor, none of this awesomeness would have been possible, so a HUGE THANK YOU goes out to this SUPER FANTABULOUS company. They see the value in blogging relationships and look to partner with them in long term relationships. Their support is seriously a compliment to me and I so look forward to sharing more about their products and background. If you want to see their carpet cleaning action take a look at my post HERE, before and after photos included!!
Rug Doctor cares about their customers too. Their mission is to make a cleaner, healthier home available to all. As a mom, I appreciate the help in taking care of my family at an affordable price.
Here’s a few interesting facts you might not know:
- Rug Doctor started in 1972 in Fresno, CA when Roger Kent created the company’s first cleaning machine in his garage.
- Rug Doctor employs more than 600 people worldwide.
- Rug doctor builds, distributes and repairs its powerful, easy-to-use carpet steaming machines.
- In 2006, Rug Doctor cleaning machines received the Platinum Seal of Approval by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) and is the only hot-water extractor that has the seal.
- Rug Doctor rents more than 6 million machines and products to customers annually.
Steamy Goes Social:
Every great team has a great mascot, right?! Rug Doctor has joined in the fun with a miniature cartoon figurine of the Rug Doctor machine , named Steamy. Steamy was born in 1976 and below you will find some pictures of our cross-country journey to SheCon 2012.
Of course, I would also like to thank the SheCon 2012 sponsors as well: @Subway, @Tanga, @BonaBuzz, @CollegeHunks, @TimeDog, @TimetoPlay, @WineSisterhood, @ChildsPlayComm, @ToyState, @ProduceforKids, @Cuddleuppet, @PixiBeauty, @Playskool, @Cravelocal, @Rayovac, @AllThingsChic, @UdisGlutenFree, @RealMomMedia and more! AWESOME!!
Disclosure: I attended SheCon 2012 as a Rug Doctor ambassador. All opinions of Rug Doctor are 100% mine and not influenced in any way.