Each week in the spring, summer and fall seasons I am faced with the knowledge that the lawn will keep growing. Do I loathe it, put it off or procrastinate? NO! Why, you may ask? I look forward to my peaceful serenity atop my seventeen horsepower meditation machine. Unlike the other chores that must be done around my one acre piece of paradise, I appreciate it because I have a whole hour when nobody asks me, “Can I have another popcicle?” or the ever famous “can you tell her to stop looking at me?” It’s just me and my buddy CUB (Cub Cadet, that is) methodically encircling the yard in the sunshine.
Here are my reasons why he is the best lawn mower friend ever:
- Faithful-We’ve had a unique relationship for 12 years and counting!
- Cub’s a cuddler-he never complains when I sit on his lap.
- He never judges me-No matter what I look like or smell like he’s ready and waiting.
- Cub is low maintenance-He’s content with a little gas and oil every now and then.
- He is strong-He can pull a trailer without even struggling the least.
- He lets me talk as much as I want-no arguing with Cub.
- He never complains- if I leave him out in the rain, he takes it like a man.
Throughout our relationship, Cub has helped me countless times to beautify the entire yard. He has put so much effort in to each and every session. I know, though that the time is coming when we will have to part ways. He is ready to retire and I just can part with my best lawn mower buddy ever.
I have to have you take a look at his profile and his steering wheel. Should I just keep running him ragged? Every day I ask myself, am I asking too much?
Have you ever had a favorite lawn mower? Do you even like mowing? How often and how long does it take you? What is it that makes you think its about time for a new one?
Disclosure: I am not affiliated with Cub Cadet or any lawn mowing companies. This post contains affiliate links which help support Domestic Executive Online. All opinions are 100% mine. For additional information please see our policies page for more about our disclosure policy.