Twitter is THE micro-blogging platform, not to mention an amazing place to make connections, learn and engage with like-minded fabulosity. It is a global networking party that occurs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Now, you wouldn’t go to a networking event without a polished business card (I hope), neither should you tweet without a bio that sells you.
Here’s Five tips to get you started:
- Make it keyword specific. Its how search engines and people will find you. I’ve seen some bios with nothing but keywords and they have huge followings because they are meeting people with like interests.
- Include a link! I want to find out more about you and going to your blog ect… is a great way for me to connect on a deeper level.
- Have an avatar. No, not a logo, definitely not a Twitter egg and make sure its pleasant. We want shiny, happy people making our stream sparkle.
- Use your real name. It develops trust and trustworthy people rock!!
- Don’t be a cop out! Saying that 140 or whatever characters aren’t enough to describe you is just another way of saying I’m too lazy/busy/uninterested to write a bio. You know you’re fabulous, now prove it to us!
Mine is definitely a work in progress but for now I think it’s not too shabby!!
Take a look: